Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Head is Cold

I’m not lying about this, my head is freezing. So I cut off all my hair this week. Snip Snip, it all went away.

I have a barber, this Asian guy down at Supercuts; I don’t know his name so whenever I refer to him it’s with a different name. So Mr. Lee was joking with me how he always does, “You want me to take one inch off then I see you again in 3 months?”

“No Mr. Chin, take it off. Take it all off.” He gave me a confused look so I indicated the length at which I wanted it cut. I have never seen Mr. Wong’s face change like that before. He begged and pleaded me angst it, but I was resolute. He held up the number 3 to show me how short it was, but I would not look. Then with a tear in his eye Mr. Long began to chop away my best feature. When it was over I had become this.


I suspect after I paid and left Mr. Chow swept up my hair and his tears, possibly saving both in a box of remembrance.

So did I pull a Sampson, or a Pedro? No Delilah could make me cut my hair, you ought to know that. So I guess it was more like a Pedro. I have to Summer Camp next month and it will be HOT. That much hair is not conducive to not being hot. David, don’t worry, I have 2 ½ months to grow as much as I can before your big day.

But back to the subject of this post; my head is cold all the time now, and so are my ears. I can’t stand it! And last October I lost my cool Fantastic Four beanie. That is all.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've been thinking it might be time to do the same. But I got news for you: in two and a half months it will only grow an inch or so. In fact, if you never cut your hair your whole life, avoided Deliliahs and other strange women, and your hair never broke, it would only be about 33 feet long when you died. Doesn't that seem a little short for a lifetime of work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six inches a year is disapointing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your best feature is your eyes, you dink. And I like the hair

    ReplyDelete